Product Information Flow in the UK Supply Chain: How to adopt effective Product Information Management
Feb 14, 2023
There is a breadth of product information for Pharmaceutical companies to manage within the supply chain, bringing several data challenges.
For Pharma professionals working with logistical medicines information, there is a breadth of product information to manage, such as product and pack codes, weights and medicine storage conditions.
Making this information available through relevant 3rd party databases is vital. For instance, publishing your product information on the NHS dm+d database ensures that medicines can be prescribed or dispensed within different healthcare settings.
However, managing this product information through the supply chain without a centralised source can quickly become very complicated and brings a number of challenges, including:
- Data Accuracy: Maintaining accurate and up-to-date product information is often difficult due to manual data entry and lack of standardisation across different systems.
- Traceability: Tracking products as they move through the supply chain.
- Data Integration: Integrating data from multiple sources, such as suppliers, distributors, and regulatory agencies, can be complex and time-consuming.
- Data Security: Protecting sensitive product information from unauthorised access is a significant concern, particularly for those working with the information and for IT Security teams
How to effectively and safely manage your product information through the supply chain
The emc market access solution brings together different functionalities around working with product information in the NHS dm+d database and external stakeholders into one seamless solution.
Included within this solution is our Product Information Management (PIM) platform that centralises all your product information so you can easily share it with partners and critical stakeholders such as wholesalers, the NHS and internal teams, in whichever format they require.
These key stakeholders need easy access to Pharma’s product information in the right format. The emc market access solution addresses this need, removes the risks which arise due to manual processes, and streamlines your internal processes when sharing this vital product information within the supply chain.
Training webinar: a guided session on how to use our supply chain PIM platform
On 9 March, we held a live training webinar to help customers take advantage of the full benefits from the emc market access supply chain feature.
During the webinar, you will learn:
- How supply chain information is automatically updated in real-time, in sync with your dm+d product data and emc documents
- How stakeholders can securely access your product information
- How the platform helps futureproof your product information against potential local and international standards and product information requirements
- Have your questions around emc med data and managing product information answered by our friendly product experts